Partial to Puccini? With a 10% discount for Colchester Life cardholders and an EXCLUSIVE competition to win tickets to see La Boheme, Liz is a gal you'll want to get to know!
This year Colchester Classics is celebrating 11 years as a classical music service to clever collectors and those just starting their love affair with music, choirs and concerts. Founder Liz Leatherdale is a Colcestrian with an impressive classical music heritage and a passion for providing great, personal service to help people on a journey of discovery.
Inspired to create her 'own job' by her son, after many years working in the music industry, Liz formed Colchester Classics in 2006. By mixing her two strengths of marketing and music, Liz sources and supplies CDs directly to customers anywhere in the world and offers all major classical music CD and DVD labels. Her customers wax lyrical about Liz's uncanny ability to identify their personal preferences and guide them towards trying something new. A kind of well-informed "If you liked this, try this..." service, if you will.
Colchester Classics has developed a unique and innovative service, supplying CDs to choirs, orchestras and at concerts, and they now serve many of the local choral societies in in Essex and Suffolk. Liz also creates opportunities for CD sales and CD signings at concerts in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk with international artists such as Tasmin Little, Piers Lane, John Lill and Noriko Ogawa. The website is jam-packed with information and offers, and Liz has special sections for vinyl and even film music - if you've ever heard a beautiful aria in a soundtrack and would love to know where it's from, Liz will be able to help!
So, yes, Liz is a very busy lady - but not only does she have time for each and every customer, she also promotes local classical music events on social media and writes weekly and monthly columns in the local press, previewing and reviewing concerts in our musically thriving area.
Colchester Classics are offering 10% off for Colchester Life cardholders' until the end of May. All the contact details are in our directory. (They even have a freephone number!).
And, now, what you've been waiting for - our EXCLUSIVE competition to win two tickets to see Puccini's La Boheme at the Pavilion, Southend-on-Sea at 7.30pm on Sunday 30 April 2017.
Tickets have been kindly donated by Cliffs Pavilion. Many thanks! Read on for all the details...
La Boheme is one of the most romantic operas ever written. It tells the tragic tale of the doomed, consumptive Mimi and her love for a penniless writer. The set reflects the Bohemian art of the period and will include a brass band, snow effects and Musetta’s dog will also make an entrance. This classic tale of love and loss features many famous arias including ‘Your Tiny Hand is Frozen’, ‘They Call Me Mimi’ and ‘Musetta’s Waltz’.
Introducing the international soprano Alyona Kistenyova as Mimi and starring Olga Perrier, the international French Soprano as Musetta.
Directed by Ellen Kent, this brand new production is traditionally staged and features beautiful sets and costumes.
TO ENTER SIMPLY SEND IN YOUR ANSWER THIS QUESTION:
Which city is the opera La Boheme set in?
ENTER BY ….
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or;
Telephone: 0800 999 6994
or write to: Colchester Classics, St Austell, 47 Gladwin Road, Colchester. CO2 7HW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS…
1. Competition closes at 1pm on 26 April 2017 and will be announced by Colchester Life and Colchester Classics.
2. The winner will be picked at random and the 2 complimentary tickets will be available at the box office on the day of the concert. Please ensure you are able to attend the opera on 30 April 2017.
3. The prize is not transferable. No cash alternatives available. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition
4. All costs involved in travelling to the concert and refreshments etc must be met by the winner.
5. No other tickets or other prizes will be offered as alternatives. Our decision is final and no correspondences will be entered into. Details of each winner will be announced by both Colchester Classics and any company also associated with the competition. If you win and do not wish your details to be announced, please advise when entering. Your details will automatically be added to the database of Colchester Classics and any associate previously advised. Your details will not be sold or passed onto any other company other than those stated on the original competition literature.