A beautiful, relaxed photography studio in the heart of our lil ol' town, specialising in makeover shoots and pamper parties and run by the sunny Christina.
- What brought you to Colchester? What is your background?
I lived in sunny Cyprus for ten years where I ran my own successful photography business covering mainly weddings and outside portrait sessions! Last year I decided to move to Colchester which is where my family is originally from with my five year old little girl.
- Why did you decide to start an independent business in Colchester?
Back in Cyprus I was a wedding and portrait photographer photographing mainly in the sunshine! Now I’m back in the UK I wanted to be able to also have a beautiful, relaxing studio people could have their photos taken in without having to worry about it raining outside. I love Colchester for the fact that there are so many independent, creative businesses in town which makes it so unique and special.
- Tell us some more about your business and your vision for your company.
We offer all types of photography sessions including maternity and newborn, family portraits and Boudoir Shots as well as offering Pamper Parties for all ages, great for little girls’ birthdays or hen parties. We also do Makeover Sessions using the luxurious, award winning HD Makeup range to ensure the very best results for any client who wishes to do so and are also official stockists for the brand. I think Colchester has undergone a massive change over the last few years and we wanted to offer somewhere glamorous and fun where people can be pampered and made to feel beautiful before having some great photos of themselves and their families.
- What do you like about running a business in Colchester? What are the challenges?
There seems to be a real community feel within business owners in Colchester and everyone I have met has been very supportive and welcoming. I also love the fact that there are still so many independent shops in town and I feel that the local community appreciates the existence of these small businesses too.
- Where’s your favourite place to eat/drink in the town right now?
- Where is Colchester ‘best kept secret’ in your opinion? What do you like to do most when not running your business?
I am a mummy to a wonderful little girl and if I’m not doing the school run or running my business we can usually be found eating ice-cream, drinking coffee or eating somewhere in one of the lovely independent little businesses in Colchester town. I also love Firstsite and all the regular exhibitions and events which take place there.
- Would your business be willing to offer a small discount or free gift upon purchase to holders of the Colchester Life Discount Card?
Sure thing! 10% off any photography packages purchased.
- All of Momenti Studios details are in our directory!